Re: [netmod] On prefixes again RE: IETF#119 I-D Status: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8407bis

Jürgen Schönwälder <jschoenwaelder@constructor.university> Fri, 15 March 2024 14:24 UTC

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:23:53 +0100
From: Jürgen Schönwälder <jschoenwaelder@constructor.university>
To: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
Cc: "netmod@ietf.org" <netmod@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [netmod] On prefixes again RE: IETF#119 I-D Status: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8407bis

I wonder which problem we are solving with adding more little rules.
Perhaps a future version of YANG will do away with prefixes but until
this happens, I do not think we need to add more rules about how to
choose prefixes. The original intend was that they are short to keep
YANG snippets concise and easy to read.

/js