Re: [netmod] AD review of draft-ietf-netmod-dsdl-map

Ladislav Lhotka <lhotka@cesnet.cz> Mon, 23 August 2010 08:17 UTC

From: Ladislav Lhotka <lhotka@cesnet.cz>
To: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>, NETMOD Working Group <netmod@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:17:38 +0200
Subject: Re: [netmod] AD review of draft-ietf-netmod-dsdl-map

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 17:10:58 +0200, "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> wrote:
> Hi Lada,
>
> Thank you for your answers. All the changes proposed by you in this mail
> are fine with me with the exception of the change in answer to my
> comment T2. In that case I would suggest that you make the change
> proposed by Juergen.

I'd also like to communicate the fact that NETMOD not only was chartered
to deliver but indeed delivered the language. I propose the following
reformulation of Juergen's text:

    The NETMOD Working Group was chartered to design a modeling language
    defining the semantics of operational data, configuration data,
    event notifications and operations, with focus on
    "human-friendliness", i.e., readability and ease of use. The result
    is the YANG data modeling language [YANG], which now serves for the
    normative description of NETCONF data models.

Is this wording acceptable?

Thanks, Lada