Re: [netmod] Initial version of the arch draft is available

Ladislav Lhotka <lhotka@cesnet.cz> Fri, 05 September 2008 19:35 UTC

From: Ladislav Lhotka <lhotka@cesnet.cz>
To: netmod@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 21:35:12 +0200
Subject: Re: [netmod] Initial version of the arch draft is available
Sender: netmod-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Phil,

the part about DSDL is amusing but I think it raises a big question
whether it makes sense at all to spend cycles on it. I don't agree with
the view that it is only good for managers and/or people in environments
that haven't been blessed with YANG yet.

My suggestion is to develop the YANG-to-DSDL mapping as a means for
specifying formally the relationship between a YANG model and
corresponding NETCONF PDUs. In the YANG draft, this is only specified in
prose or by examples, so I think this would actually be quite an
important specification.

What do you folks think about it?

Lada

Phil Shafer píše v Čt 04. 09. 2008 v 11:48 -0400:
> Please give feedback.
>
> Thanks,
>  Phil

Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET