[netmod] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-19: (with COMMENT)

Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in> Fri, 28 September 2018 13:07 UTC

From: Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model@ietf.org, Kent Watsen <kwatsen@juniper.net>, netmod-chairs@ietf.org, kwatsen@juniper.net, netmod@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 06:07:08 -0700
Subject: [netmod] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-19: (with COMMENT)

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-19: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model/

COMMENT:

Thanks all for getting my question about the IEEE answered.

Original COMMENT:

Sec 1:

s/Policy Based Routing, Firewalls etc./policy-based routing, firewalls, etc./

"The matching of filters and actions in an ACE/ACL are triggered only
   after application/attachment of the ACL to an interface, VRF, vty/tty
   session, QoS policy, routing protocols amongst various other config
   attachment points."

This is a sentence fragment.

s/in the ACE's/in the ACEs/

Sec 3.1:

"There are two YANG modules in the model."

Is this technically correct, given that ietf-ethertypes is also defined here?

Also, I don't think the definition of ietf-ethertypes belongs in an appendix
under the heading "Extending ACL model examples." I can imagine that other
modules will want to import this module and that seems like a strange place to
put it.

Sec 4.1:

For avoidance of confusion, I would suggest replacing "l2," "l3," and "l4" with
"layer2," "layer3," and "layer4," respectively.

s/Definitions of action for this ace entry/Definitions of action for this ACE
entry/

s/Specifies the forwarding action per ace entry/Specifies the forwarding action
per ACE entry/

Sec 4.2:

"This module imports definitions from Common YANG Data Types [RFC6991]
   and references IP [RFC0791], ICMP [RFC0792], Definition of the
   Differentiated Services Field in the IPv4 and IPv6 Headers [RFC2474],
   The Addition of Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) to IP
   [RFC3168], , IPv6 Scoped Address Architecture [RFC4007], IPv6
   Addressing Architecture [RFC4291], A Recommendation for IPv6 Address
   Text Representation [RFC5952], IPv6 [RFC8200]."

It looks like something is missing from this list, possibly RFC 793.

Sec 5:

In this section or elsewhere it would be nice to see a sentence noting that
this YANG model allows the configuration of packet logging, which if used would
additionally warrant protections against unauthorized log access and a logs
retention policy.