Re: [netmod] Tunnel Design Philosophy

"Aijun Wang" <13301168517@189.cn> Mon, 02 November 2015 08:45 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <13301168517@189.cn>
To: 'Lizhenbin' <lizhenbin@huawei.com>, rtgwg@ietf.org, netmod@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 16:45:50 +0800
Subject: Re: [netmod] Tunnel Design Philosophy

Hi, Zhenbin:

>From my opinion, if the Yang Model can¡¯t be organized from top to down,
from common to specific, then it will be very difficult for service provider
to adopt them within their network. The reason to adopt the Yang Model for
service provider is to accelerate the deployment of various services,
compared with the speed that the service provider must deal with the
different vendor/technology specific solution.

If we can¡¯t find the general aspects of different tunnel technologies,
abstract them into some general models, then the Yang model will be evolved
into MIB-alike results. Is this the aim of Yang Model?

Can the influential router vendors support this opinion and make some
changes for the health evolution of ecosystem?

Best Regards.

Aijun Wang

China Telecom Corporation Limited Beijing Research Institute

Intelligent Network Product Line