Re: [netmod] ACL draft defines ether-type as a string

William Lupton <wlupton@broadband-forum.org> Tue, 18 July 2017 08:21 UTC

From: William Lupton <wlupton@broadband-forum.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 10:21:33 +0200
Cc: NetMod WG <netmod@ietf.org>
To: Mahesh Jethanandani <mjethanandani@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [netmod] ACL draft defines ether-type as a string

Editorial: ethertype (no hyphen) seems to be more common than ether-type (28 versus 11 matches in the YANG catalog, plus IEEE seem to use the no-hyphen version).

Also (even more editorial), I don’t see the need for the rather distracting ‘0x’ in the name, so would suggest ethertype-XXXX (yes, I realise that this decision is in the IEEE bailiwick).

William