Re: [nfsv4] NFSv4.2 status

"David P. Quigley" <dpquigl@tycho.nsa.gov> Thu, 09 September 2010 17:41 UTC

From: "David P. Quigley" <dpquigl@tycho.nsa.gov>
To: Spencer Shepler <sshepler@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:34:39 -0400
Cc: "nfsv4@ietf.org" <nfsv4@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [nfsv4] NFSv4.2 status

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 17:06 +0000, Spencer Shepler wrote:
> [...]

Just a reminder that we are very committed to security label support for
NFSv4.2. If we are going for a virtualization support theme this
definitely has an impact on virtualization security. We have been using
SELinux  with svirt for a while on RHEL and Fedora machines and it would
be great for those vm images to be on an NFS share and still be able to
use svirt (not possible at the moment without the security label
support). Sorin and I also intend on showing a use case for security
labels using our products at the october Bake-A-Thon.

Dave