[NGO] draft-okita-netconf-advertisement-00

OKITA Hideki <hideki.okita.pf@hitachi.com> Wed, 21 November 2007 07:58 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:57:42 +0900
To: ngo@ietf.org, netconf@ops.ietf.org
From: OKITA Hideki <hideki.okita.pf@hitachi.com>
Subject: [NGO] draft-okita-netconf-advertisement-00

Dear all,

I have submitted a new I-D about the NETCONF Schema advertisement
requirement taken into the updated netconf WG charter.

> Filename:	   draft-okita-netconf-advertisement
> Title:	   NETCONF Configuration Interface Advertisement with WSDL and XSD

I'd like to make the requirement and available solutions clear
by this I-D before we discuss a particular solution.

In the schema-query-00 draft, a new NETCONF operation is proposed
to take Schema location and access method for the Schema on
a NETCONF device. IMO, the requirement for this solution is
"NMS developers can know Schema location and access method to the Schema"

For this requirement, we can take up following several solutions.

- fixed access method and URL    (this I-D)
- URL described in user's guide
- inband dynamic retrieval       (schema-query-00)
- UDDI                           (broker model in Web-Service)

We should compare the pros/cons of these solutinos.
I'd like to discuss this point in Vancouver.

Regards,

Hideki Okita
Central Research Laboratory,
Hitachi, Ltd.