(ngtrans) Grenoble Discussion - Proposals to assist "initial" transition of IPv6

Jim Bound <bound@wasted.zk3.dec.com> Wed, 20 January 1999 15:48 UTC

From: Jim Bound <bound@wasted.zk3.dec.com>
To: ngtrans@sunroof.Eng.Sun.COM
Cc: bound@zk3.dec.com
Subject: (ngtrans) Grenoble Discussion - Proposals to assist "initial" transition of IPv6
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:44:15 -0500
Sender: owner-ngtrans@sunroof.Eng.Sun.COM

Folks,

At the Grenoble Interim meeting it would be really great if during the
ngtrans session if we could discuss the merits and differences between
the initial set of proposals that would be useful to assist IPv6
deployment.  In addition we should also discuss the implementation
complexities for each of them.  Also what common implementation problems
to each of them face which are similar (e.g. DNS, Assignment of
Addresses).  The list below are the ones I would think are important for
initial deployment and then I list the ones which may be needed later.
We can debate the order but covering the first set would be a lot of
work if folks want we can cover the second set at Minnieapolis.

draft-ietf-ngtrans-dti-00.txt  (note this proposal contrasts and
compares the others here in the draft and I think incorrectly but I will
be sending my input on this to the list before Grenoble soon).

draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-04.txt

draft-ietf-ngtrans-siit-04.txt

draft-ietf-ngtrans-assgn-ipv4-addrs-01.txt

Could I ask for some volunteers to help lead with me such a discussion
and if possible do some prepartory work with me offline?

The ones we need to do later are:

draft-ietf-ngtrans-dual-stack-hosts-00.txt

draft-ietf-ngtrans-ipv4-ipv6-xlator-00.txt

draft-ietf-ngtrans-translator-00.txt

thanks
/jim