RE: (ngtrans) Next steps

Marc Blanchet <Marc.Blanchet@viagenie.qc.ca> Tue, 26 March 2002 01:54 UTC

Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:52:13 -0500
From: Marc Blanchet <Marc.Blanchet@viagenie.qc.ca>
To: Tony Hain <alh-ietf@tndh.net>, ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com
Subject: RE: (ngtrans) Next steps
Sender: owner-ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com

-- lundi, mars 25, 2002 10:06:06 -0800 Tony Hain <alh-ietf@tndh.net>
wrote/a écrit:

> While this discussion on mobility issues has been interesting, the
> continuing use of the term 'assumption' highlights the point of the
> exercise we should be focused on at the moment. For the time being, we
> need to describe the common environments and agree, so personal
> assumptions do not continue to confuse the discussion. There may be a
> case for mobile nodes becoming isolated in areas of the other protocol,

Thinking about MobileIP is one solution to the issue of mobility. However,
the point of mobile nodes and mobile networks should be taken into account
as environments/scenarios for transition tools.

I would like to suggest the following environment/scenario to be covered:
- an environment where an dual-stack node (or an IPv6 network attached to a
dual-stack router) is moving (from the perspective of the IPv4 address
change (IPv6 could/could not change).

> and if there is we will need someone to lead an effort to describe it

I can do it.

Marc.

>. I
> am not opposed to an open discussion on the list, but please change the
> subject to reflect the discussion topic.
>
> Tony

Marc Blanchet
Viagénie
tel: +1-418-656-9254x225