Re: [nmrg] NRMG Activity on Autonomics

Laurent Ciavaglia <Laurent.Ciavaglia@alcatel-lucent.com> Mon, 21 October 2013 15:45 UTC

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 17:41:58 +0200
From: Laurent Ciavaglia <Laurent.Ciavaglia@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: nmrg@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [nmrg] NRMG Activity on Autonomics

Dear Lisandro, Olivier,

I am thinking of 3 short presentations I could give (10-15 min. each,
depending on time allowed):
     1) Experiences in deployment of autonomic functions in IP/(G)MPLS
networks covering:
         .Risk-aware routing for IGP-LS protocols [IM2013
<http://tinyurl.com/oypujfz>] and Adaptive level of recovery for GMPLS
networks [ICC2012 <http://tinyurl.com/nt2jl33>].
         .Network-wide scheduling of OSPF Graceful Restarts [CNSM2010
<http://tinyurl.com/q68pphp>].
         .Root cause analysis for IP-VPNs [ICC2013
<http://www.ieee-icc.org/2013/NGN.html>].
        The goal is to show how (different) autonomic functionality can
enhance IP networks' capability and operations.

     2) A running implementation of an autonomic networking framework
[ICC2012 <http://tinyurl.com/pes68qp>].
        The goal is to outline the potential common building blocks,
interfaces, models. It could be a good complement to the framework
proposed by Michael, and inputs to a wider NMRG investigation.

     3) Towards operationally-safe autonomic networks [BLTJ2012
<http://tinyurl.com/pcldhpj>].
        A slightly more prospective (but equally important) topic on how
to guarantee trust in autonomic functions at the design- and
operation-time (e.g. stability, robustness).

In parallel, I also fully support the start of an I-D on autonomic
networking terms, and volunteer to write a first text before Vancouver
(which could be discussed on site/during the sessions). I will try to
share a first draft ASAP.

Best regards, Laurent.