[nmrg] 45th NMRG meeting: 2nd Call for Contributions

Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville <granville@inf.ufrgs.br> Tue, 17 October 2017 14:00 UTC

From: Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville <granville@inf.ufrgs.br>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 12:00:10 -0200
To: nmrg@irtf.org
Subject: [nmrg] 45th NMRG meeting: 2nd Call for Contributions

Call for Contributions
45th NMRG meeting at IETF 100

In the next IETF100/Singapore we will be organizing the 45th NMRG meeting, which will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 14th 2017 (to confirmed by the IETF secretary). We would like to center the upcoming meeting around the use of artificial intelligence (AI) for network management, including related topics as diverse as machine-learning and intelligent-defined networks, for example.

AI for network management is not a new topic, as can be easily observed in the literature produced by the network management community already years ago. On the other hand, AI has matured a lot, finding applications is several areas. People interested in the subject also formed communities that can contribute too. As such, revisiting AI for network management is not only appropriate but also timely.

In this 2nd Call for Contributions, we would like to receive proposals of presentations/discussions for the upcoming 45th NMRG meeting. That includes, for example:

- Use cases where AI could/should be used in network management
- Real-life experiments, results, and findings on AI for network management
- Disruptive and/or new management paradigms based on AI
- Potential standard requirements for applying AI for network management
- Both preliminary and mature approaches