Re: [nmrg] IRTF Chair review of draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-concepts-definitions-05

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Tue, 26 October 2021 06:33 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>, Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org>
CC: "nmrg-chairs@irtf.org" <nmrg-chairs@irtf.org>, "draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-concepts-definitions@ietf.org" <draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-concepts-definitions@ietf.org>, "nmrg@irtf.org" <nmrg@irtf.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 06:33:24 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.136.123.117]
Subject: Re: [nmrg] IRTF Chair review of draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-concepts-definitions-05

Toerless and Colin:
The following academia papers from 2013 to 2018 can be seen as relevant references. Hope this helps.

-Qin
[1] R. Cohen, ‘‘An intent-based approach for network virtualization,’’ in Proc.
IFIP/IEEE Int. Symp. Integr. Netw. Manage. (IM), Ghent, Belgium, 2013,
pp. 42–50.
[2] Y. Han, J. Li, D. Hoang, J. Yoo, and J. W. Hong, ‘‘An intentbased network
virtualization platform for SDN,’’ in Proc. Int. Conf. Netw. Service Manage.
(CNSM), Montreal, QC, USA, Oct. 2016, pp. 353–358.
[3] M. Pham and D. B. Hoang, ‘‘SDN applications—The intent-based Northbound
Interface realisation for extended applications,’’ in Proc. IEEE
NetSoft Conf. Workshops (NetSoft), Seoul, South Korea, Jun. 2016,
pp. 372–377.
[4] F. Paganelli, F. Paradiso, M. Gherardelli, and G. Galletti, ‘‘Network service
description model for VNF orchestration leveraging intent-based SDN
interfaces,’’ in Proc. IEEE Conf. Netw. Softwarization (NetSoft), Bologna,
Italy, Jun. 2017, pp. 1–5.
[5] P. Sköldström, S. Junique, A. Ghafoor, A. Marsico, and D. Siracusa,
’’DISMI—An intent interface for application-centric transport network
services,’’ in Proc. Int. Conf. Transparent Opt. Netw. (ICTON), Girona,
Spain, Jul. 2017, pp. 1–4.
[6] F. Callegati, W. Cerroni, C. Contoli, and F. Foresta, ‘‘Performance of
intentbased virtualized network infrastructure management,’’ in Proc. IEEE Int.
Conf. Commun. (ICC), Paris, France, May 2017, pp. 1–6.
[7] M. Kiran, E. Pouyoul, A. Mercian, B. Tierney, C. Guok, and I. Monga,
‘‘Enabling intent to configure scientific networks for high performance
demands,’’ Future Gener. Comput. Syst., vol. 79, pp. 205–214, Feb. 2018.
[8] A. Mercian, M. Kiran, E. Pouyoul, B. Tierney, and I. Monga, ‘‘INDIRA:
‘Application intent’ network assistant to configure SDN-based high performance
scientific networks,’’ in Proc. Opt. Fiber Commun. Conf. Exhib.
(OFC), Los Angeles, CA, USA, 2017, pp. 1–3.
[9] D. Schulz, ‘‘Intent-based automation networks: Toward a common reference
model for the self-orchestration of industrial intranets,’’ in Proc.
Annu. Conf. IEEE Ind. Electron. Soc. (IECON), Florence, Italy, Oct. 2016,
pp. 4657–4664.
[10] E. J. Scheid, C. C. Machado, M. F. Franco, R. L. dos Santos, R. P. Pitscher,
A. E. Schaefer-Filho, and L. Z. Granville, ‘‘INSpIRE: Integrated NFVbased intent
reinement environment,’’ in Proc. IFIP/IEEE Symp. Integr.
Netw. Service Manage. (IM), May 2017, pp. 186–194.
[11] T. Szyrkowiec, ‘‘Automatic intent-based secure service creation through
a multilayer SDN network orchestration,’’ IEEE/OSA J. Opt. Commun.
Netw., vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 289–297, Apr. 2018.
[12] B. T. Saha, D. Tandur, L. Haab, and L. Podleski, ‘‘Intent-based networks:
An industrial perspective,’’ in Proc. 1st Int. Workshop Future Ind. Commun. Netw.
(FICN), 2018, pp. 35–40.
[13] D. Comer and A. Rastegatnia, ‘‘OSDF: An intent-based software defined
network programming framework,’’ in Proc. IEEE 43rd Conf. Local Comput. Netw. (LCN),
Chicago, IL, USA, Oct. 2018, pp. 527–535.
[14] V. Heorhiadi, S. Chandrasekaran, M. K. Reiter, and V. Sekar, ‘‘Intentdriven
composition of resource-management SDN applications,’’ in
Proc. 14th Int. Conf. Emerg. Netw. Exp. Technol. (CoNEXT), 2018,
pp. 86–97.
[15] B. Lewis, L. Fawcett, M. Broadbent, and N. Race, ‘‘Using P4
to enable scalable intents in software defined networks,’’ in Proc.
IEEE 26th Int. Conf. Netw. Protocols (ICNP), Cambridge, Sep. 2018,
pp. 442–443.
[16] A. Marsico, ‘‘An interactive intent-based negotiation scheme for
application-centric networks,’’ in Proc. IEEE Conf. Netw. Softwarization
(NetSoft), Bologna, Italy, Jul. 2017, pp. 1–2.
[17] Y. Tsuzaki and Y. Okabe, ‘‘Reactive configuration updating for IntentBased
Networking,’’ in Proc. Int. Conf. Inf. Netw. (ICOIN), Da Nang,
Vietnam, 2017, pp. 97–102.
[18] A. S. Jacobs, ‘‘Deploying natural language intents with Lumi,’’ in Proc.
SIGCOMM Posters Demos ACM Conf. Posters Demos (SIGCOMM),
Beijing, China, 2019, pp. 82–84.
[19] Y. Elkhatib, G. Coulson, and G. Tyson, ‘‘Charting an intent driven network,’’
in Proc. Int. Conf. Netw. Service Manage. (CNSM), Tokyo, Japan,
Nov. 2017, pp. 1–5.
[20] A. S. Jacobs, ‘‘Refining network intents for self-driving networks,’’
in Proc. Afternoon Workshop Self-Driving Netw. (SelfDN), Budapest,
Hungary, Jan. 2018, pp. 15–21.
[21] H. Zhang, Y. Wang, X. Qi, W. Xu, T. Peng, and S. Liu, ‘‘Demo abstract:
An intent solver for enabling intent-based SDN,’’ in Proc. IEEE Conf.
Comput. Commun. Workshops (INFOCOM WKSHPS), Atlanta, GA, USA,
May 2017, pp. 968–969.
[22] A. Abhashkumar, J. Kang, S. Banerjee, A. Akella, Y. Zhang, and W. F. Wu,
,’’Supporting diverse dynamic intent-based policies using Janus,’’ in Proc.
13th Int. Conf. Emerg. Netw. Exp. Technol. (CoNEXT), Incheon, South
Korea, 2017, pp. 296–309.
[23] S. Arezoumand, K. Dzeparoska, H. Bannazadeh, and A. Leon-Garcia,
,’’MD-IDN: Multi-domain intent-driven networking in software-defined
infrastructures,’’ in Proc. Int. Conf. Netw. Service Manage. (CNSM),
Tokyo, Japan, 2017, pp. 1–7.
[24] D. Sanvito, D. Moro, M. Gullì, I. Filippini, A. Capone, and A. Campanella,
,’’Enabling external routing logic in ONOS with intent monitor and reroute
service,’’ in Proc. IEEE Conf. Netw. Softwarization Workshops (NetSoft),
Montreal, QC, Canada, Jun. 2018, pp. 332–334.
[25] R. A. Addad, D. L. C. Dutra, M. Bagaa, T. Taleb, H. Flinck, and
M. Namane, ‘‘Benchmarking the ONOS intent interfaces to ease 5G service
management,’’ in Proc. IEEE Global Commun. Conf. (GLOBECOM),
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, Dec. 2018, pp. 1–6.
[26] T. Subramanya, R. Riggio, and T. Rasheed, ‘‘Intent-based mobile
backhauling for 5G networks,’’ in Proc. Int. Conf. Netw. Service Manage.
(CNSM), Montreal, QC, Canada, 2016, pp. 348–352.
[27] F. Aklamanu, S. Randriamasy, E. Renault, I. Latif, and A. Hebbar, ‘‘Intent
based real-time 5G cloud service provisioning,’’ in Proc. IEEE Globecom
Workshops (GC Wkshps), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, Dec. 2018,
pp. 1–6.
[28] M. Odini and A. Krichel, ‘‘Intent based modelling key to 5G & ZSM,’’ in
Proc. IEEE Softwarization, 2018, pp. 1–6.
[29] W. Cerroni, ‘‘Intent-based management and orchestration of heterogeneous
openflow/IoT SDN domains,’’ in Proc. IEEE Conf. Netw. Softwarization (NetSoft),
Bologna, Italy, Jul. 2017, pp. 1–9.
[30] W. Cerroni, ‘‘Intent-based service management for heterogeneous
software-defined infrastructure domains,’’ in Proc. IEEE NetSoft Special
Issue: Softwarization Sustaining Hyper-Connected World: En Route to 5G,
2018, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 1–22.
[31] J. Kang, J. Lee, V. Nagendra, and S. Banerjee, ‘‘LMS: Label management
service for intent-driven cloud management,’’ in Proc. IFIP/IEEE
Symp. Integr. Netw. Service Manage. (IM), Lisbon, Portugal, May 2017,
pp. 177–185.
[32] W. Chao and S. Horiuchi, ‘‘Intent-based cloud service management,’’ in
Proc. 21st Conf. Innov. Clouds, Internet Netw. Workshops (ICIN), Paris,
France, Feb. 2018, pp. 1–5.