Re: [nmrg] Fw: Adoption call for draft-li-nmrg-intent-classification-02

Olga Havel <olga.havel@huawei.com> Tue, 10 December 2019 19:24 UTC

From: Olga Havel <olga.havel@huawei.com>
To: "Ciavaglia, Laurent (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)" <laurent.ciavaglia@nokia.com>, nmrg <nmrg@irtf.org>
CC: nmrg-chairs <nmrg-chairs@irtf.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 19:24:41 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.206.138.163]
Subject: Re: [nmrg] Fw: Adoption call for draft-li-nmrg-intent-classification-02

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your comments. Would something like this be better format to communicate our proposed taxonomy?

[cid:image001.jpg@01D5AF86.26216960]

But we can also use UML or knowledge graphs as well, the problem is IETF format.

In regards to methodology, I do believe we approached it top down (business driven, solutions, users, some requirements) in proposing the taxonomy. I do agree that having agreed methodology would be very useful. But I think it is not for taxonomy only. We should have overall business driven methodology that will drive intent & IBN system definition, taxonomy, ontologies & architecture. In fact, I do believe that work item 1 may be more suitable placeholder for methodology. And describe how other work items and drafts fit into this methodology. This would drive work item 2 (intent definition and IBN system definition is in), work item 3 (taxonomy and ontologies), work item 4 (architecture), etc.

And I would suggest that we ensure that all other drafts are aligned and iteratively updated. For intent classification draft, we can add this alignment as the highest priority for future work on 03 version.

Best Regards,
Olga