Re: [nmrg] NMRG current and futur topics - Please provide feedback

"陈丹阳chendanyang@chinamobile.com" <chendanyang@chinamobile.com> Thu, 20 July 2023 09:25 UTC

Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 17:25:13 +0800
From: "陈丹阳chendanyang@chinamobile.com" <chendanyang@chinamobile.com>
To: nmrg <nmrg@irtf.org>
Cc: nmrg-chairs <nmrg-chairs@irtf.org>, 杨红伟 <yanghongwei@chinamobile.com>, 姚柯翰 <yaokehan@chinamobile.com>
Subject: Re: [nmrg] NMRG current and futur topics - Please provide feedback

Dear chairs and NMRG  participants,

In response to some of topics raised below, we have discussed the future promotion of IBN use cases, and the following is a merging idea for reference. And in my opinion, the IBN standard system is not fully mature, there is still a lot of room for exploration, and closing the IBN topics now may not be a good choice.

Proposed structure of IBN use case draft(merged version):

·         common scenarios and high-level requirements for IBN:

§  5G/6G, transport/carrier network, campus network, data center network; [refer to classification draft]

§ high level requirements:

§  Network planning:  flexible plug-and-play

§  Network construction: resilient scaling

§  OAM: performance guarantee,  network security as a service,  parameter optimization, network configuration verification

·         IBN-based solution for different use cases:

§  Performance monitoring: network measurement

§  draft-yang-nmrg-network-measurement-intent-06

§  routing and path selection:

§  draft-contreras-nmrg-interconnection-intents-03

§  draft-contreras-nmrg-transport-slice-intent-06

§  IBN for application-specific requirements:

§  wide-area bulk data transfer:

draft-yang-nmrg-data-transfer-intent-00

§  IoT data aggregation:

draft-jeong-nmrg-ibn-network-management-automation-01

·         Future work

§  IBN for security

§  etc...

Thanks and Best Regards,