[nmrg] FW: New Version Notification for draft-jiang-nmrg-an-gap-analysis-00.txt

Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com> Fri, 14 February 2014 09:21 UTC

From: Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>
To: "nmrg@irtf.org" <nmrg@irtf.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:20:56 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.98.145]
Subject: [nmrg] FW: New Version Notification for draft-jiang-nmrg-an-gap-analysis-00.txt

Hi, all,

A new document titled "Gap Analysis for Autonomous Networking" has been submitted to the Network Management Research group.

This document summarises a problem statement for an IP-based
autonomic network that is mainly based on distributed network
devices.  The document reviews the history and current status of
autonomic aspects of IP networks.  It then reviews the current
network management style, which is still heavily depending on human
administrators.  Finally the document describes the general gaps
between the ideal autonomic network concept and the current network
abilities.

The authors would like to get review and comments from NMRG. We plan to present this document in the coming London meeting, too.

Regards

Sheng + Brian + Michael