[NSIS] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-hancock-nsis-sender-receiver-00.txt

"Hancock, Robert" <robert.hancock@roke.co.uk> Thu, 31 October 2002 15:52 UTC

From: "Hancock, Robert" <robert.hancock@roke.co.uk>
To: nsis@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:52:40 -0000
Subject: [NSIS] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-hancock-nsis-sender-receiver-00.txt
Sender: nsis-admin@ietf.org

hi all,

I'd just like to re-affirm the existence of the draft below.

It's basically an attempt to review the overall issue of sender/receiver orientation (what is it? which do we need? which do we really need?) and to outline perceived pros & cons of some very broad categories of approach to the problem. It therefore has a sort of requirementsy/frameworky feel.

A particular issue is how these concepts apply to which layer (called nbp/asap in the draft, what we might soon call ntlp/nslp or even itlp/islp), which we have not really considered in this w.g. up to now.

Comments welcome, of course.

Cheers,

Robert H.

ps. For those interested in path-decoupled issues, there is a quick discussion at the end. Interestingly (for me), the conclusion - that the coupled/decoupled difference should be handled in the ntlp, with signalling applications unchanged - seems to be the complete opposite of what Bob & John have suggested recently. So I guess there's scope for exploration there, at some point.

receiver-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hancock-nsis-sender-receiver-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv@ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hancock-nsis-sender-receiver-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.