RE: AW: [NSIS] Re: authorizing query messages

"Roy, Radhika \(AEAD\)" <RoyR@saic-abingdon.com> Thu, 13 October 2005 13:35 UTC

Subject: RE: AW: [NSIS] Re: authorizing query messages
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:38:43 -0400
From: "Roy, Radhika (AEAD)" <RoyR@saic-abingdon.com>
To: "Nguyen, An" <an.p.nguyen@dhs.gov>, "Tschofenig, Hannes" <hannes.tschofenig@siemens.com>
Cc: "McDonald, Andrew" <andrew.mcdonald@roke.co.uk>, Georgios Karagiannis <karagian@cs.utwente.nl>, Jukka MJ Manner <jmanner@cs.Helsinki.FI>, nsis@ietf.org
Sender: nsis-bounces@ietf.org

I do NOT think that Diameter SIP application is the right place to do so. There are several steps to do so as follows:

1.
	QSPEC is not an application per se. It is mere couple of QoS parameters (please note that it is NOT QoS model - it is extremely technically confusing as well as technically inconsistent to mix QSPEC and QoS Model in the same breath/place).
2.
	A QSPEC cannot independently sent in the middle of something unless it is coupled with to meet any application's needs.
3.
	SIP is only ONE real-time application, and however, QSPEC is good for all applications including both real-time and non-real-time applications.
4.
	Diameter QoS Application is the right place for extending this using QSPEC (again NOT QoS models).
5.
	If item 3 can use item 4, it will then prove all standards Diameter-based standards are consistent.
6.
	With respect to NSIS signaling protocol, item 5 will also test whether or not NSIS protocol is good or not.

Hope this clarifies your question.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
Radhika