RE: [NSIS] meeting minutes

"Georgios Karagiannis (ELN)" <Georgios.Karagiannis@eln.ericsson.se> Wed, 19 December 2001 14:19 UTC

From: "Georgios Karagiannis (ELN)" <Georgios.Karagiannis@eln.ericsson.se>
To: "'john.loughney@nokia.com'" <john.loughney@nokia.com>, nsis@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [NSIS] meeting minutes
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:18:21 +0100
Sender: nsis-admin@ietf.org

Hi John, Jarno and Janne

Thank you very much for the preliminary minutes!
However, I have the following comments on the minutes:

* During the presentation:
Requirements of a QoS Solution for Mobile IP, Hemant Chaskar
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-qos-requirements-01.
txt
The (Unknown from the following question was me!
Q: (Unknown): QOS paths, CAN choose one?
A: Yes

---------------------------------
* During the presentation:
QoS signalling Protocol Requirements for Wired Networking, Bechet Sarikaya
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-nsis-wiredreqs-00.txt

The (Unknown) from the following question was me!
Q: (Unknown) Privacy reqt apply to the MN on the network? or Edge, Access,
or proxy nodes?

Moreover, regarding the above question,  it has been put differently. In particular
the question was:
"Do security, accounting and charging apply on all nodes of a network
or only on Edges, Access Routers or proxy nodes, excluding interior nodes?"
A: Good question
------------------------------------

* During the presentation:
QoS signalling requirements for Wireless Networks, Gergios Karagiannis
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-karagiannis-nsis-wireless-requirem
ents-00.txt

Please add after the following sentence:
"Next step is to collect mandatory and optional requirements. Then prioritize
minimal set for signalling."
The next sentences that have been strongly emphasized by me
during the meeting:

" Create a modular QoS signaling toolkit that will contain
  these mandatory and optional requirements;
  Specify how the protocol functionality should be separated in
  building blocks and define a minimum set of mandatory reservation
  options/features that should be processed by interior/intermediate nodes."

Best regards,
Georgios