[NSIS] Drafts on RSVP / NSIS and mobility

"Charles Q. Shen" <shenqi@icr.a-star.edu.sg> Thu, 18 July 2002 06:37 UTC

Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:16:09 +0800
To: nsis@ietf.org, robert.hancock@roke.co.uk
From: "Charles Q. Shen" <shenqi@icr.a-star.edu.sg>
Subject: [NSIS] Drafts on RSVP / NSIS and mobility
Sender: nsis-admin@ietf.org

Hi,

We have made an updated version of our RSVP-Mobile IPv6 Draft. A few issues
related to NSIS and mobility is also discussed in a separate draft. The
abstracts for these two drafts are as follows:

1. Mobility Extensions to RSVP in an RSVP-Mobile IPv6 Framework
<draft-shen-nsis-rsvp-mobileipv6-00.txt>

Abstract This memo first gives a brief review of a RSVP and Mobile IPv6
interoperation framework proposed in [1] and compared its features with the
Performance Requirements set forth by Requirements of a QoS Solution for
Mobile IP [2]. The subsequent part of the memo presents specification
details including message formats, processing rules and algorithms that
form the framework. The vast majority of these specifications has been
verified by a prototype implementation. It is expected that this work could
serve as a useful input in dealing with NSIS protocol and mobility issue.

2. Several Framework Issues Regarding NSIS and Mobility
<draft-shen-nsis-mobility-fw-00.txt>

Abstract This memo discusses several framework issues related to Next Step
In Signaling (NSIS) and mobility interaction. The first issue is related to
handoff impact on NSIS operation. We present several general requirements
for NSIS and mobility, followed by evaluation of how specific approaches
using Mobile IP or other mechanisms might fit into the picture. Other
issues covered include NSIS and mobility signaling layering and soft-state
management.

They are available also at the following links:

http://www.icr.a-star.edu.sg/~shenqi/reports/draft-shen-nsis-rsvp-mobileipv6-00.txt

http://www.icr.a-star.edu.sg/~shenqi/reports/draft-shen-nsis-mobility-fw-00.txt

Comments are greatly appreciated!

Best regards,