Re: [nvo3] Updated Charter

Yakov Rekhter <yakov@juniper.net> Thu, 05 April 2012 19:31 UTC

To: AshwoodsmithPeter <Peter.AshwoodSmith@huawei.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 12:30:35 -0700
From: Yakov Rekhter <yakov@juniper.net>
Cc: Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com>, "Bocci, Matthew (Matthew)" <matthew.bocci@alcatel-lucent.com>, "nvo3@ietf.org" <nvo3@ietf.org>, "Balus, Florin Stelian (Florin)" <florin.balus@alcatel-lucent.com>, Benson Schliesser <bschlies@cisco.com>, Shane Amante <shane@castlepoint.net>
Subject: Re: [nvo3] Updated Charter

Peter,

You may look at draft-raggarwa-data-center-mobility-02.txt
for a description of mechanism that allow to eliminate
"tromboning".

> So active/active I think should be in the charter.  External
> tromboning if included would be a pull towards LISP and would be
> nice to have just one encap for both purposes.

Yakov.

> Peter Ashwood-Smith

ast to discuss in NVO3 data plane/control plane requirements and gap analysis.
In particular the requirements to address traffic tromboning to/from NVO3 and r
esiliency at NVO3 gateways came up a number of times in the past in various IET
F WG sessions. We can see after that where/how exactly is the best place/way to
 address them. But we should not just ignore them.