Re: [nvo3] Update on encapsulation design team

Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu> Sun, 30 October 2016 23:35 UTC

To: Lucy yong <lucy.yong@huawei.com>, "sarikaya@ieee.org" <sarikaya@ieee.org>, "Bocci, Matthew (Nokia - GB)" <matthew.bocci@nokia.com>
From: Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 16:35:00 -0700
Cc: "fmaino@cisco.com" <fmaino@cisco.com>, Tom Herbert <tom@herbertland.com>, "nvo3@ietf.org" <nvo3@ietf.org>, "farinacci@gmail.com" <farinacci@gmail.com>, Lizhong Jin <lizho.jin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [nvo3] Update on encapsulation design team

FWIW, my position was to let each of the encapsulations be augmented as
needed and develop a control solution that was agnostic.

Each of the proposed encapsulations has a design goal, but there is no
rationale for designing this system using a single encapsulation.

Although I appreciate that a single encap is WG "consensus" (at least as
declared by IETF process for "consensus"), that doesn't mean I am
interested in changing my position and participating in its development.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Joe