[nvo3] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-nvo3-mcast-framework-09

Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com> Wed, 04 October 2017 18:45 UTC

From: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: nvo3@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, draft-ietf-nvo3-mcast-framework.all@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2017 11:45:12 -0700
Subject: [nvo3] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-nvo3-mcast-framework-09

Reviewer: Christer Holmberg
Review result: Ready with Nits

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-nvo3-mcast-framework-09
Reviewer: Christer Holmberg
Review Date: 2017-10-04
IETF LC End Date: 2017-10-02
IESG Telechat date: 2017-10-12

issues that I'd like the authors to address.

Major issues: N/A

Minor issues:

Q1:
The Introduction says that the document "provides a framework". I guess it
depends on how you define "framework", but to me it seems like the document
only evaluates and discusses different mechanisms - which the text also says.

Nits/editorial comments:

Q2:
The Abstract says: "This document discusses a framework of supporting..."

Assuming the document actually does provide a framework (see Q1), I would
suggest to say "provides" (which you also use in the Introduction) instead of
"discusses".

Q3:
The Introduction says: "Network virtualization using Overlays over Layer 3
(NVO3) is a Technology... "

Please add a reference to RFC 7365 and/or RFC 8014 on the first occurrence of
NVO3.

Q4:
I don't think the last paragraph of the Introdution (Section 1) belongs to the
Introduction. It should be in a terminology section. In addition, I don't think
you need to say that "the user is assumed to be familiar with...". You should
simply reference the RFCs for the terminology used in the document.