Re: [nvo3] Draft agenda for Vancouver

Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net> Sat, 21 July 2012 05:13 UTC

Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 07:14:12 +0200
From: Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net>
To: "nvo3@ietf.org" <nvo3@ietf.org>
Cc: "nvo3-chairs@tools.ietf.org" <nvo3-chairs@tools.ietf.org>, "Bocci, Matthew (Matthew)" <matthew.bocci@alcatel-lucent.com>, "Larry Kreeger (kreeger)" <kreeger@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [nvo3] Draft agenda for Vancouver

Hi,

Actually I do not think that draft-kompella-nvo3-server2nve fits to the
agenda and charter of this WG at all.

Especially since authors are not responding to fundamental questions
regarding objective of this document already expressed on the mailing
list by number of voices (Maria, Linda, Xuxiaohu and myself).

It is understood that for networking person everything should be
"network driven". However reality is that for any commercial service
offering especially in the data center space, network
connectivity/virtualization is just a relatively small tool in the much
bigger picture of end to end service offering.

Rgs,
R.