Re: [nwcrg] Sliding window draft and coding schemes (e.g. RLNC)

Vincent Roca <vincent.roca@inria.fr> Sun, 12 April 2015 14:35 UTC

From: Vincent Roca <vincent.roca@inria.fr>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 16:35:11 +0200
To: Brian Adamson <brian.adamson@nrl.navy.mil>
Cc: nwcrg@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [nwcrg] Sliding window draft and coding schemes (e.g. RLNC)

Hello Brian and everybody,

In order to move forward and enrich the end-to-end transport use-case discussions, I have
worked on an update to FECFRAME in order to support the sliding window approach (see
my other email). The general architecture and concepts seem okay to me at first glance.

Here also the next step is now to specify a first convolutional FEC Scheme… This I-D will be,
for some parts, FECFRAME specific, but the rest will be common with other NC proposals.

And we need a public repository to work collaboratively on this and other documents
(e.g., taxonomy)…

Cheers,

  Vincent