Re: [OAUTH-WG] Followup on draft-ietf-oauth-token-exchange-12.txt

Denis <denis.ietf@free.fr> Fri, 20 April 2018 17:38 UTC

To: oauth@ietf.org
From: Denis <denis.ietf@free.fr>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 19:38:03 +0200
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Followup on draft-ietf-oauth-token-exchange-12.txt

Brian,

Eric said: "what is the RP supposed to do when they encounter it? This
seems kind of under specified".

After reading your explanations below, it looks like the RP can do
anything he wants with the "actor".
It is a "claimed actor" and, if we keep the concept, it should be called
as such. Such a claim cannot be verified.
A RP could copy and paste that claim in an audit log. No standard action
related to the content of such a claim
can be specified in the spec. If the content of a "claimed actor" is
used by the RP, it should be only used as an hint
and thus be subject to other verifications which are not specified in
this specification.

Denis