Re: [OAUTH-WG] Error Registry: Conclusion

Mike Jones <Michael.Jones@microsoft.com> Thu, 14 June 2012 22:00 UTC

From: Mike Jones <Michael.Jones@microsoft.com>
To: Eran Hammer <eran@hueniverse.com>, William Mills <wmills@yahoo-inc.com>, Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 21:59:57 +0000
Cc: "oauth@ietf.org WG" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Error Registry: Conclusion

Yes, we already have multiple registries, but only one for errors.  When an error code can be used in more than one usage location, having one will make the registrations simpler and it may be somewhat more apparent how the error code is used.

The two structures are equivalent, but it seems to me that having one is more convenient and simpler than having four.

-- Mike