Re: [OAUTH-WG] Fwd: Several typos in -20 and a possible security consideration

Torsten Lodderstedt <torsten@lodderstedt.net> Mon, 25 July 2011 23:10 UTC

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 19:10:13 -0400
From: Torsten Lodderstedt <torsten@lodderstedt.net>
To: Niv Steingarten <nivstein@gmail.com>
Cc: oauth@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Fwd: Several typos in -20 and a possible security consideration

Hi Niv,

thank you for posting this to the list. I think you are right with your
threat description. One question: shouldn't the browser already prevent
the request to the authorization endpoint because of the same origin
policy (or CORS restrictions)?

Apart from that, a similar attack can be performed by a native
applicication (using an embedded browser). This kind of attack could not
be prevented using HTTP features but by enforcing a real user
interaction (password input, CAPTCHA).

regards,
Torsten.