Re: [OAUTH-WG] Mandatory-to-implement HTTP authentication scheme

Anthony Nadalin <tonynad@microsoft.com> Thu, 17 November 2011 11:30 UTC

From: Anthony Nadalin <tonynad@microsoft.com>
To: Matt Miller <mamille2@cisco.com>, Mike Jones <Michael.Jones@microsoft.com>, Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:30:12 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.196.25]
Cc: oauth WG <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Mandatory-to-implement HTTP authentication scheme

Making the draft-ietf-oauth-v2-bearer mandatory to implement gets us a bearer (unknown content and format) token from the authorization server, for the resource server this gets us a authentication scheme of bearer (unknown content and format) token, not sure where this gets us towards interop as the content and format will be specific to authorization and resource server.

I don't fully understand the requirement for this mandatory to implement item beyond the fact that everyone has to implement bearer tokens of unknown content and format.