Re: [OAUTH-WG] draft-ietf-oauth-access-token-jwt-07

Denis <denis.ietf@free.fr> Wed, 09 September 2020 08:41 UTC

To: Dick Hardt <dick.hardt@gmail.com>
Cc: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@arm.com>, oauth@ietf.org
From: Denis <denis.ietf@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 10:41:49 +0200
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] draft-ietf-oauth-access-token-jwt-07

Hi Dick and Hannes,

1)  While reading RFC 7519, no reader may be able to figure out that
there are more than two flavours of the "sub" claim.
      This draft is introducing two new other favours of the semantics
of the "sub" claim which are not present in RFC 7519.
      When an element has been defined, its semantics cannot be changed
... unless making an Errata to RFC 7519
      which would be a clean way to proceed.

2) The argument about "changing the token format at any time" does not
apply in the context of this future RFC.
     This sentence should be either removed or modified  This means that
the following sentence which is a derivative
     of this sentence should also be either removed or modified:

    Hence, any logic in the client relying on the ability to read the
    access token content would break without recourse.

3) The following questions have still not been answered:

    Some questions raised during the WGLC have not been answered: How
    can a client request an access token compliant to this profile ?
    Which parameter(s) allow it to ask an access token compliant to this
    profile ? How can the AS know that it got a call for the issuance
    of an access token compliant to this profile ?

Denis