Re: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth 2.0 / Charter

John Panzer <jpanzer@google.com> Mon, 30 November 2009 21:46 UTC

From: John Panzer <jpanzer@google.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:46:19 -0800
To: Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com>
Cc: "OAuth WG (oauth@ietf.org)" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth 2.0 / Charter

FWIW, I agree with Eran's three point model, and on not re-debating these
core ideas absent some compelling reason.  My take on the strategy that
motivates them: OAuth's intent is to provide a simple, scalable,
interoperable web API auth mechanism that both services and other open
standards will build upon.  It also raises the current bar for interoperable
auth from the current state of the practice.  Non-backwards-compatible
changes are warranted if they are necessary to meet these goals (and of
course detailed technical justifications need to be provided as well.)

--
John Panzer / Google
jpanzer@google.com / abstractioneer.org / @jpanzer