Sample Twofish message

hal@rain.org Mon, 29 March 1999 23:29 UTC

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 14:41:39 -0800
From: hal@rain.org
To: ietf-open-pgp@imc.org
Subject: Sample Twofish message
Sender: owner-ietf-open-pgp@imc.org

Here is a sample conventionally-encrypted message using 256 bit Twofish.
Does anyone have an implementation that can verify interoperability?

Note, per the spec, that the message is preceded by 8 random bytes,
then two more bytes which are copies of the last two of these, despite
the fact that the cipher has 16 byte blocks.

Note also that the special CFB "sync" operation (after processing these 10
bytes) is not to be done with block ciphers whose block size is greater
than 8 bytes, hence is not done for Twofish.

Here is the message, which is encrypted using the one-letter passphrase
"x".  It should decrypt to "This is a test input." followed by a newline.

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: test

qANQR1DDDQQKAwIUgRhQ3+GF1mDJMx33ZwK+8z7wmDHXZ8HxVkc0y7BPMxlxnpB7
CveN64V1+2pKqD9+ZFysWF9GGUhXSDLcNA==
=iYnA
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Hal Finney