Re: [OPSAWG] Feedback on draft-www-opsawg-yang-vpn-service-pm

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Mon, 14 December 2020 15:33 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: "mohamed.boucadair@orange.com" <mohamed.boucadair@orange.com>, "Joe Clarke (jclarke)" <jclarke=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, opsawg <opsawg@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 15:32:51 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.46.17.236]
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] Feedback on draft-www-opsawg-yang-vpn-service-pm

Thanks Med for clarification, we discussed the downside of using average before, i.e., hide outlier, which is more appropriate for relative even distribution.
That is why we introduce percentiles. 3 percentiles value can be 50 percentile,75 percentile,95 percentile which is configured by setting low-percentile,middle-percentile, high-percentile under nt:link
     augment /nw:networks/nw:network/nt:link:
       +--rw low-percentile                    percentile
       +--rw high-percentile                   percentile
       +--rw middle-percentile                 percentile
Then high-delay-percentile, high-jitter-percentile, etc can be used to report the measured delay value, jitter value corresponding to specific percentile value, i.e., high-percentile, low-percentile, middle-percentile.
As Med clarified we have defined default value for them.
Regarding the counter, I tend to agree, in addition, I think counter32 is sufficient for discard, error, unknown protocol related statistics, which is similar to
What is defined in ietf-interfaces.

-Qin