Re: [OPSAWG] Help with a MANET management draft please

Thomas Clausen <thomas@thomasclausen.org> Thu, 27 February 2014 14:52 UTC

From: Thomas Clausen <thomas@thomasclausen.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 15:52:31 +0100
To: Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de>
Cc: "<manet-chairs@tools.ietf.org>" <manet-chairs@tools.ietf.org>, Opsawg@ietf.org, draft-clausen-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] Help with a MANET management draft please

Dear Juergen,

On 27 Feb 2014, at 15:45, Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is useful input, in particular the description of the various
> things NMSes in a MANET context like to do.

OK, we'll try to think of ways of reflecting that.

> Concerning the text in the
> I-D, I would probably stay away from classifying other protocols as
> "simpler" or "less chatty",

OK, that's perhaps too colloquial, we'll pay attention to that.

> in particular if they are all kept secret
> (note that proprietary does not necessarily imply that a protocol is
> secret - there are many proprietary protocols that are documented).

Agree. I note that "kept secret" is not really due to "don't want to share" but rather due to "nobody seemed to have bothered to document it".

Either way, thank you so much for your feedback.

Question to the OPSAWG chairs:

	We'll probably spin a new revision within the IETF week.
	As we're not regulars in OPSAWG we thought we'd ask permission rather than forgiveness,
	as to how you run usually: shall we forward the announce to this list (and to MANET, of course),
	or is this noise you'd rather be without?

A bientot,

Thomas