Accessing bibliographic data using X.500

Paul Barker <P.Barker@cs.ucl.ac.uk> Wed, 16 March 1994 19:32 UTC

To: osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk, directory-group@jnt.ac.uk
Subject: Accessing bibliographic data using X.500
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 1994 18:06:33 +0000
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Paul Barker <P.Barker@cs.ucl.ac.uk>

Dear all,
   Recently I sent out a note announcing a test system for accessing
bibliographic records using X.500.  The original test system was for grey
literature records, describing for the most part computer science papers
produced in UK universities along with some directory related material.

We have now provided access to the maths/computing sections of 4 UK library
catalogues (Brunel, Imperial, QMW, UCL).  We'd like you to try it, but
please accept that the system is moderately resourced and is not optimised
for speed.  Access instructions are almost entirely as before:

The guest service can be accessed by telnet to:

  blu.brunel.ac.uk

login as blu, and select option 2 for LIBRARY BOOKS at the initial menu.
Please send any comments you have as to the usefulness of the service, the
usability of the current interface, etc, etc to:

x500@brunel.ac.uk and P.Barker@cs.ucl.ac.uk

Paul

P.S. The ABDUX project notes are available from the directory:

    ftp://cs.ucl.ac.uk/abdux/

  See the README file for a guide to the individual documents.