Revised x400ops meeting schedule, and charter reminder.

Alf Hansen <Alf.Hansen@delab.sintef.no> Wed, 04 November 1992 13:18 UTC

Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1992 06:59:00 +0000
X400-Originator: cargille@cs.wisc.edu
X400-Recipients: non-disclosure:;
X400-MTS-Identifier: [/PRMD=XNREN/ADMD= /C=US/; mhs-relay..687:04.10.92.12.59.00]
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Alf Hansen <Alf.Hansen@delab.sintef.no>
To: ietf-osi-x400ops <ietf-osi-x400ops@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject: Revised x400ops meeting schedule, and charter reminder.

Hi,

As usual, I am late, but the rest of today and tomorrow, I will (try to)
finish the draft agenda for the Washington IETF-X.400-OPS WG meeting, and
also finnish my action items.  As a reminder, the current WG Charter is
enclosed.

Since I distributed the previous schedule for our meeting, the general IETF
agenda has changed. The X.400 OPS meeting schedule is now as follows:

=================================
7:30-10:00 pm Tuesday, November 17, 1992 - Evening Sessions

              OSI   X.400 Operations WG (x400ops) (Alf Hansen/SINTEF DELAB)

WEDNESDAY, November 18, 1992
9:30-12:00 noonMorning Sessions

              OSI   X.400 Operations WG (x400ops) (Alf Hansen/SINTEF DELAB)

==================================

I have received a few agenda item proposals, but if you have some suggestions
right now, please send them over.

Best regards,
Alf H.

==================================

                                Charter

                          OSI Integration Area

                      X.400 Operations Working Group

Co-chairs:

        Alf Hansen, Alf.Hansen@delab.sintef.no
        C=no;ADMD=" ";PRMD=uninett;O=SINTEF;OU=DELAB;S=Hansen;G=Alf

        One co-chair missing at the moment.

Mailing Lists:

        ietf-osi-x400ops@cs.wisc.edu
        C=us;ADMD= ;PRMD=xnren;O=UW-Madison;OU=cs;S=ietf-osi-x400ops

        ietf-osi-x400ops-request@cs.wisc.edu
        C=us;ADMD= ;PRMD=xnren;O=UW-Madison;OU=cs;S=ietf-osi-x400ops-request

Description of Working Group:

        X.400 management domains are being deployed today on the Internet.
        There is a need for coordination of the various efforts to insure that
        they can interoperate and collectively provide an Internet-wide X.400
        message transfer service connected to the existing Internet mail
        service.

        The work in this WG is closely related to work in

             IETF-OSI-MHS-DS  and
             RARE WG-MSG

        These WGs cover additional aspects of X.400 Service Integration.

Goals and Milestones:

        The overall goal of this group is to insure interoperability between
        Internet X.400 management domains and to the existing Internet mail
        service. The specific task of this group is to produce and monitor
        the new documents needed for such interoperation. The following
        documents are identified for this WG:

        OPS-1: "Operational Requirements for X.400 Management Domains in the
               GO-MHS Community".

        OPS-2: "Using the Internet DNS to maintain RFC987/RFC1148
               Address Mapping Tables and X.400 Routing Informations"

        OPS-3: "Routing coordination for X.400 MHS services within a
               multi protocol / multi network environment".

        OPS-4: "Mapping between X.400(1984/1988) and Mail-11 (DECnet mail)"

        OPS-5: "X.400 use of extended character sets"

        OPS-6: "Address mapping table update procedures"

        The tentative timetable for this group is

        Feb    1991: Initial meeting, produce internal outline of OPS-1.
        Aug    1991: Working draft OPS-1, circulate to interested people.
        Spring 1992: Internet draft available of OPS-1. Identify and
                     work on new documents.
        Summer 1992: OPS-1 ready for publication.
        Autumn 1992/
        Spring 1993: Monitor and work on the other documents, and
                     identify new ones.