Presenter at X.400 ops

" (Tony Genovese)" <genovese@ophelia.nersc.gov> Tue, 23 March 1993 19:10 UTC

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1993 12:59:42 +0000
X400-Originator: cargille@cs.wisc.edu
X400-Recipients: non-disclosure:;
X400-MTS-Identifier: [/PRMD=XNREN/ADMD= /C=US/; mhs-relay..831:23.02.93.18.59.42]
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: " (Tony Genovese)" <genovese@ophelia.nersc.gov>
To: ietf-osi-x400ops@cs.wisc.edu
Subject: Presenter at X.400 ops

Hi,
	If you are going to do a presentation at the meeting, we have been
given some guidelines on overhead slide structure. If you want those slides
included with the minutes please look at the following guidelines and give
Allan a copy of your slides!

Tony...

-----------------------

If you have overhead slides to present during your sessions, and feel they
 should be included in the Proceedings with your minutes, please follow these
 guidelines:

 a.  Please do not submit handwritten slides unless it is absolutely
     necessary.  They are often illegible after reduction.

 b.  Please place a border around your slides. Flat dark borders are best
     as they maintain their appearance even when reduced.  Thin borders
     fade after only one reduction and we usually go through several before
     they make it into the Proceedings.

 c.  Please use a fairly large font, so that information isn't lost during
     reduction.

 d.  The more detailed your slides the less clear they are when reduced.
     Chances are too much detail on the orginal gets lost even during the
     presentation.

 e.  If you have the means to do this, please provide us with a reduced set
     of the slides you intend to present.

     a. Regardless of whether your original slides are landscape (horizontal)
        or portrait (vertical) the reductions should be arranged in
        portrait style.

     b. Landscape slides are typically arranged six to a page in the
        Proceedings (see back issues for exact layout).

     c. Portrait slides can be reduced to fit four to a page.  Again refer
        to a back issue of the Proceedings for examples.

     d. Please allow for the following margins:

	a. top margin: 1/2"
 	b. left/right margins: 3/4"
 	c. bottom margin: 1/2" to 2"

 f.   When submitting your slides to the IETF Registration Desk, be sure to
      specify that they are to be included in the Proceedings.

 We'd really appreciate your help with this as we continue to work to
 improve the quality of the Proceedings and the timeliness of their mailing.

Thanks,

Debra