Re: Potential lead for MHS management "MHS Routing Framework" by Cristian Constantinof

Einar Stefferud <Stef@nma.com> Mon, 10 August 1992 22:15 UTC

To: pjb@mbunix.mitre.org
Cc: Cristian Constantinof <chrisc@bnr.ca>, Bernhard Plattner <plattner@komsys.tik.ethz.ch>, Gerald Neufeld <neufeld@cs.ubc.ca>, Ann.V.McLaughlin@bistromath.mitre.org, bmurrill@attmail.com, mitre-osi@bistromath.mitre.org, nadism@mbunix.mitre.org, ink@gateway.mitre.org, nmsig@ics.uci.edu, ietf-osi-x400ops@cs.wisc.edu, adamse@attmail.com
Subject: Re: Potential lead for MHS management "MHS Routing Framework" by Cristian Constantinof
From: Einar Stefferud <Stef@nma.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1992 13:28:23 -0700
Sender: stef@nma.com

Hi Paul --

> Could someone please provide me some background as to what X.400
> management information definition work is going on in the IETF.

I expect that you are referring to the work being done in the context
of the ietf-osi-x400ops Working Group, which has taken off from the
work originally done in RARE, beginning with RFC987 mapping table
stuff, and progressing from there.

> When did it start?  Who is leading and supporting this work?  What
> are the goals and schedules of this work

I see that you have included the ietf-osi-x400ops@cs.wisc.edu address,
so I would expect that you will hear directly from them in response to
your query.

Cheers...\Stef