Re: [Ospf-manet] Re: Regarding MPR-OSPF

Emmanuel Baccelli <Emmanuel.Baccelli@inria.fr> Tue, 13 March 2007 13:26 UTC

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:26:37 +0100
From: Emmanuel Baccelli <Emmanuel.Baccelli@inria.fr>
To: ospf-manet@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Ospf-manet] Re: Regarding MPR-OSPF

Dear Richard,

We're happy to see that you, subsequent to our long discussions, have
been working towards improving MDR. The performance results in your
email indicate important changes to the I-D, which merit study and
further discussion -- will you be in Prague that we may do that together
(at the OSPF meeting and otherwise)?

As for the MPR-OSPF draft, as you observed, some minor details which
were pointed out on the list and elsewhere have been clarified in the
I-D -- this will, of course, be reflected in the status update in
Prague. And by the way, here is the link to the update of the draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baccelli-ospf-mpr-ext-03.txt

To clarify a point which you indicate that you missed concerning the
synch router: the willingness parameter influences a routers forwarding
ability only. If a synch router is outside the MANET, then according to
the I-D there exists a hybrid router which will synchronise with its
whole neighbourhood, thus fulfilling the synch role.

We agree that the synch alternatives which you propose are complex and
potentially less performant, which is why we went with the above
solution which does the same thing without these inconveniences.

Emmanuel