[OSPF] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-shishio-ospf-ospfv3-stub-03.txt
Shishio Tsuchiya <shtsuchi@cisco.com> Wed, 05 January 2011 08:24 UTC
Return-Path: <shtsuchi@cisco.com>
X-Original-To: ospf@core3.amsl.com
Delivered-To: ospf@core3.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by core3.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 3B57E3A6C51 for <ospf@core3.amsl.com>; Wed, 5 Jan 2011 00:24:40 -0800 (PST)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -10.599
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-10.599 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-2.599, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI=-8]
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([64.170.98.32]) by localhost (core3.amsl.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id 4ICTgNbWF-QI for <ospf@core3.amsl.com>; Wed, 5 Jan 2011 00:24:39 -0800 (PST)
Received: from sj-iport-5.cisco.com (sj-iport-5.cisco.com [171.68.10.87]) by core3.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id ECBF23A6BA7 for <ospf@ietf.org>; Wed, 5 Jan 2011 00:24:38 -0800 (PST)
Authentication-Results: sj-iport-5.cisco.com; dkim=neutral (message not signed) header.i=none
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered: true
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result: AsMHAOa5I01AaMHG/2dsb2JhbACDd5IZjhZzpXCKTAGOF4Edgzd3BIRmhiKDHwY
X-IronPort-AV: E=Sophos;i="4.60,277,1291593600"; d="scan'208";a="310475603"
Received: from syd-core-1.cisco.com ([64.104.193.198]) by sj-iport-5.cisco.com with ESMTP; 05 Jan 2011 08:26:45 +0000
Received: from xbh-hkg-411.apac.cisco.com (xbh-hkg-411.cisco.com [64.104.123.72]) by syd-core-1.cisco.com (8.13.8/8.14.3) with ESMTP id p058QMgd015406 for <ospf@ietf.org>; Wed, 5 Jan 2011 08:26:44 GMT
Received: from xfe-hkg-412.apac.cisco.com ([64.104.123.71]) by xbh-hkg-411.apac.cisco.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675); Wed, 5 Jan 2011 16:26:22 +0800
Received: from [64.104.53.95] ([64.104.53.95]) by xfe-hkg-412.apac.cisco.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675); Wed, 5 Jan 2011 16:26:22 +0800
Message-ID: <4D242B2D.8050305@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 17:26:21 +0900
From: Shishio Tsuchiya <shtsuchi@cisco.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ja; rv:1.9.1.12) Gecko/20100824 Thunderbird/3.0.7
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: ospf@ietf.org
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-2022-JP"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 05 Jan 2011 08:26:22.0489 (UTC) FILETIME=[3C3BA890:01CBACB2]
Subject: [OSPF] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-shishio-ospf-ospfv3-stub-03.txt
X-BeenThere: ospf@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.9
Precedence: list
List-Id: The Official IETF OSPG WG Mailing List <ospf.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf>, <mailto:ospf-request@ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ospf>
List-Post: <mailto:ospf@ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:ospf-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf>, <mailto:ospf-request@ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 08:24:40 -0000
Hi I did presentation about our draft on IETF79. http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/slides/ospf-2.pptx I received comments from Acee and Abhay. http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/minutes/ospf.txt After that I had modified the draft a little bit. changed point are -Intended to Change Standard from Infomation. -Updates: 3137 (if approved) -References Because I had misunderstanding difference of Normative and Informative. -Acknowledgements and misc(spell) I think RFC3137 method sould be Standard. -RFC3137 was published in 2001,and some vendors has been supported for 8 or 9 years. -A lot of customers are using in their commercial network. -There is some RFCs are refering RFC3137. such as RFC5443,RFC5286.RFC4970,RFC4915,RFC3277 -RFC3137 is stable and well-known. http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2026#section-4.1.1 I'd appreciate any comments. Regards, -Shishio -------- Original Message -------- Subject: I-D Action:draft-shishio-ospf-ospfv3-stub-03.txt Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 23:00:01 -0800 From: Internet-Drafts@ietf.org Reply-To: internet-drafts@ietf.org To: i-d-announce@ietf.org A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. Title : OSPFv3 Stub Router Advertisement Author(s) : S. Tsuchiya, et al. Filename : draft-shishio-ospf-ospfv3-stub-03.txt Pages : 8 Date : 2011-01-04 OSPFv3 accommodates for the possibility to indicate through the R-bit if a router is an active router and should be taken into consideration as a transit device. Another method available is the v6-bit indicating if a router or link should be excluded from IPv6 routing calculations. A direct result is that OSPFv3 has "no transit capability" potentially based upon the setting of R-bit and V6-bit, unlike the stub OSPFv2 router functionality. This feature proposal has as purpose to re-introduce existing OSPFv2 stub router behavior into OSPFv3 to keep the operational service provider experience used to deploy, troubleshoot and be familiar with OSPFv2 stub routing. OSPFv3 has similar metric field information field of all of LSAs, with exception of the Link-LSA, so RFC3137 method can be re-utilized in OSPFv3. To drive consistency between OSPFv2 and OSPFv3, there should be next to supporting both R-bit and v6-bit be support for"max-metric". A URL for this Internet-Draft is: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shishio-ospf-ospfv3-stub-03.txt Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at: ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/ Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the Internet-Draft.
- [OSPF] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-shishio-ospf-ospfv3-… Shishio Tsuchiya