Re: [OSPF] fwd: New Version Notification for draft-xu-ospf-global-label-sid-adv-00.txt

Xuxiaohu <xuxiaohu@huawei.com> Wed, 29 January 2014 08:53 UTC

From: Xuxiaohu <xuxiaohu@huawei.com>
To: Xuxiaohu <xuxiaohu@huawei.com>, Peter Psenak <ppsenak@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 08:53:22 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.98.134]
Cc: "ospf@ietf.org" <ospf@ietf.org>, "spring@ietf.org" <spring@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OSPF] fwd: New Version Notification for draft-xu-ospf-global-label-sid-adv-00.txt

For example, assume a label block {1000, 1999} is allocated for prefix segments by almost all SR routers and a global label 1005 is allocated to a given prefix segment, for a given seldom SR router which couldn't preserve the above label block and allocates a different label block (e.g., {2000, 2999}) instead, a local label corresponding to that global label (or that prefix segment) could be calculated through offsetting, i.e., the result is 1005+ (2000-1000)=2005. In this way, there is no need for introducing the Index concept anymore and therefore the architecture becomes much easy to understand. More importantly, compared to the index binding advertisement, the label binding advertised by the IGP is exactly the same as that in the label forwarding table for those most SR routers which have allocated the above common label block, which is much beneficial when doing troubleshooting. This approach does not violate the strongest MPLS dogma (i.e., labels MUST be local) while taking into account the actual situation, IMHO

Best regards,
Xiaohu