Re: RFC vs. MIB internal metric contradiction

"Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@NETPLANE.COM> Wed, 01 May 2002 14:03 UTC

Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 10:02:59 -0400
From: "Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@NETPLANE.COM>
Subject: Re: RFC vs. MIB internal metric contradiction
To: OSPF@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM

Hi Magnus,

I do not know any existing scenarios where a metric value of 0 is used in
OSPF. However in ISIS a metric value of 0 is advertised in an interesting
application. Check the draft

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-ext-lsp-frags-00.txt

It could be used in OSPF for a similar purpose, though I do not assume such
a thing would ever be required in OSPF.

Thanks,
Vishwas