Re: Gracefu-Restart & RFC 3623

"Abhay D.S" <abhayds@HUAWEI.COM> Fri, 09 December 2005 02:18 UTC

Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:10:59 +0800
From: "Abhay D.S" <abhayds@HUAWEI.COM>
Subject: Re: Gracefu-Restart & RFC 3623
To: OSPF@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Acee,Padma,Don, et al...

My idea is a standardization for Graceful restart,
not modification to RFC 3623.

It should generalize all the facts and quote some usable
mechanisms,LLS or request/reply. MANET has LLS, so reuse
it for GR again ?.

Implementation and Standardization go hand in hand.(Implementation
need not be discussed) and I think it is *wrong* ...to say discussions
about draft shortcomings are discussion of implementations.

OSPF WG is one such body where discussions of all
sort happen,it gives important to WG. Otherwise WG is useless.

We also can do it our own way,but we also want to see what
the WG thinks.

We want a common set of agreed rules.

Thanks,
Abhay