Re: Comments on draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-traffic-02

Jon Berger <Jon.Berger@DATACONNECTION.COM> Thu, 29 July 2004 15:53 UTC

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:43:30 +0100
From: Jon Berger <Jon.Berger@DATACONNECTION.COM>
Subject: Re: Comments on draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-traffic-02
To: OSPF@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Hi Acee (and all),

Thanks for your comments.  I'm responding on behalf of Alan as he is on
vacation this week.

We think it makes sense to keep the Router IPv6 Address TLV and, as you say,
not to readvertise the same address in the Node Address TLV.  That seems
both the clearest method of indicating the stable address, and the most in
keeping with OSPFv2 TE.

Any thoughts you have on Alan's other suggestions would be welcome.

Jon

Jon Berger
Network Protocols Group
Data Connection Ltd