[OSPF] Re: RFC3630 - Local and Remote Interface IP address

Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel.be Sun, 17 September 2006 09:49 UTC

To: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
From: Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel.be
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 11:48:55 +0200
Cc: ccamp@ops.ietf.org, mpls@ietf.org, ospf@ietf.org
Subject: [OSPF] Re: RFC3630 - Local and Remote Interface IP address

adrian

point is that one can have two different readings of these sentences

either one assigns multiple IP addresses and configures a specific map of
these addresses to components (e.g. sub-interfaces)
or it is meant just to assign multiple IP addresses to an interface
independently of this segmentation

however, there is no bundling concept in this ref. or equivalently the
bundling RFC maps a single (composed) TE link to a TE link (with specific
aggregation rules when it comes to TE attributes) that is RFC4201 uses a
single value for the link local/remote address/interface associated to the
bundle

thanks,
- d.

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>