Re: [OSPF] FW: New Version Notification for draft-chen-ospf-transition-to-ospfv3-00.txt

Karsten Thomann <karsten_thomann@linfre.de> Sat, 08 February 2014 19:52 UTC

From: Karsten Thomann <karsten_thomann@linfre.de>
To: ospf@ietf.org
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 20:51:52 +0100
Subject: Re: [OSPF] FW: New Version Notification for draft-chen-ospf-transition-to-ospfv3-00.txt

Hello,

I don't know if i have missed that part, but what would happen if OSPFv3 is running over IPv4 and
there are two (or more) IPv6 Islands already deployed within the network, should there be any
LSA flooding checks, like do not flood LSA with IPv6 networks over IPv4 only links, or should the
route calculation/installation of the information simply fail as there is no valid path?

Regarding:
In situations where the IPv4 deployment is a proper
   superset of the IPv6 deployment, it is expected that OSPFv3 packets
   would be carried over IPv4, until the rest of the network deployment
   is upgraded to support IPv6 in addition to IPv4.
Is there any explicit preference over which version the adjacency is build if v4 and v6 is available
in that specific part of the network?
What should happen when an IPv4 Link gets v6 added, graceful reestablish the adjacency over
IPv6, or wait until forced protocol switch?
Regards
Karsten