Re: [OSPF] New Version Notification for draft-acee-ospf-rfc6506bis-01.txt

Anton Smirnov <asmirnov@cisco.com> Tue, 11 June 2013 20:20 UTC

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 22:20:01 +0200
From: Anton Smirnov <asmirnov@cisco.com>
To: Acee Lindem <acee.lindem@ericsson.com>
Cc: "ospf@ietf.org" <ospf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OSPF] New Version Notification for draft-acee-ospf-rfc6506bis-01.txt

    Hi Acee,
    I also support bis revision - couple of points not covered in the
original document may negatively impact interoperability between
different implementations.

    Regarding sequence numbers - if I understand wording in 'bis'
revision correctly, sender is using single incrementing sequence number
counter independent of packet type and receiver is using one sequence
number per packet type, correct? I am asking because RFC 4222 recommends
to sort packets into two classes (i.e. not as many classes as there are
packet types), so mentioning it may be somewhat confusing.

Anton