Re: OSPF-TE link parameters

Ben Niven-Jenkins <benjamin.niven-jenkins@BT.COM> Wed, 21 August 2002 16:21 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:17:43 +0100
From: Ben Niven-Jenkins <benjamin.niven-jenkins@BT.COM>
Subject: Re: OSPF-TE link parameters
To: OSPF@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM

Acee,

Thanks for your prompt response.  I will investigate the draft you mention.

This might be slightly off topic for this list, but anyway:

As I see it (this maybe implementation specific), the additional TE
parameters have to be configured on the router and associated with an
interface.  These additional parameters are then advertised through OSPF.
Assuming that the router is not running OSPF at all or the router is only
running vanilla OSPF not OSPF-TE, but the TE parameters are still
configured.  Is there a MIB that can be used to extract the general TE
parameters without resorting to an OSPF specific MIB.

If not, assuming I would like to extract the TE parameters from routers
running OSPF and ISIS, is my only alternative to have one piece of code to
extract them from the OSPF MIB and another to extract them from the ISIS
MIB?