Re: Gracefu-Restart & RFC 3623

Vishwas Manral <Vishwas@SINETT.COM> Thu, 08 December 2005 08:37 UTC

Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 00:42:10 -0800
From: Vishwas Manral <Vishwas@SINETT.COM>
Subject: Re: Gracefu-Restart & RFC 3623
To: OSPF@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Hi Padma,

I don't see why you cannot call
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0203&L=ospf&T=0&F=&S=&P
=1888 future work.

If I read the draft-ietf-ospf-hitless-restart-01.txt of the RFC, it
states that
"Add Vishwas's suggested technique for less conservative helper mode
termination as possible future work (Section 7)."

This, in my view refers to the above discussion we had with John Moy. In
fact if you read discussion on version-00 of the draft you will notice I
had sent the comments about conservative restart, which got incorporated
into the RFC.

Thanks,
Vishwas