Re: [OSPF] draft-giacalone-ospf-te-express-path-01

Acee Lindem <acee.lindem@ericsson.com> Wed, 22 June 2011 12:33 UTC

From: Acee Lindem <acee.lindem@ericsson.com>
To: Alia Atlas <akatlas@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:33:43 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: CCAMP <ccamp@ietf.org>, OSPF WG List <ospf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OSPF] draft-giacalone-ospf-te-express-path-01

Hi Alia,

On Jun 21, 2011, at 9:45 PM, Alia Atlas wrote:

> Hi Acee,
>
> I do agree that we should explicitly document this in the draft & work
> on better names for the sub-TLVs that might be confused.

Note that it may be the it may be the names in the Y.1540/Y.1541 TE latency draft that need further qualification since their definitions are more strictly scoped. Anyway, lets see how the discussion on where this should be done proceeds.

> I also agree that we need to give the decision explicit consideration;
> to give this the exposure necessary and consideration for
> applications was why we had this draft discussed in rtgwg as well as ospf.

Great - I think we are in agreement. I'm not adamantly opposed to doing TE independently for applications falling into this category - I just think we should have the discussion Lou is proposing.

Thanks,
Acee